An unexamined life is not worth living.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sacrifices in the Sicilian – with video

I recorded a video about an online 15 minute game I played. Over the course of the game, I played a nice sacrifice, but also missed several tactical shots that would have won the game on a spot. You can try to solve the positions below for White, there are two bishop sacrifices, one exchange sac (that was the one I found during the game), and a rook sac! The video will contain the answers.

image White to move. Black’s g7-g6 was very risky, how can White prove that?

image White to move. Black’s king has very few defenders – how to exploit that?

image White to move. The rook is guarding e6, how can we distract it?

image White to move. Two bishops are on fire, but the king is about to escape.

Replay through the video to actually see the solution and the entire game:

I also posted it on youtube: part 1 and part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit Counter